Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Goal of This Blog

The Goal of This Blog
Based on the randomness of the things I post, and the fact that I myself am still unsure as to what exactly I will be filling this blog with, I want to let it be known what the overall goal of this blog is, so there is no confusion.  I am not simply grabbing links out of thin air and throwing them on here to generate traffic.  Oh no, what I am doing is filtering through all of the boring and meaningless stuff on the internet and attempting to compile the most interesting(at least in my opinion) and eliminating the work for my readers.  I spend several hours a day looking through as many websites as I can, and weeding out the uninteresting, unoriginal and bland websites, and trying to bring to you anything that kept my attention enough to read the whole article or site.  Sure, some people may find the things that I think are interesting to be pointless and stupid, and that is perfectly okay, there are tons of other blogs out there that may suit you better.  But me personally, I love useful reference websites that help you visualize information, I love crazy conspiracy theories that are at least an inventive way of viewing the world, I love reading about archeological oddities that may or may not actually be real.  These types of things hold my interest, and if it takes me several hours of going through websites that are mundane, to find interesting and intriguing ones, I think of that as a service to this blog's audience.

So if you think I'm just spamming a blog with a bunch of links for no reason, or that I have some secret deals with these websites I link in order to make money or something, you're wrong.  Not only do I have no relationship or incentive to advertise these sites for people, I currently am generating absolutely zero money for blogging.  Maybe once I've put enough time into this blog to deem it worthwhile I'll start throwing ads on here or something in order to make a few pennies, but for the time being, I am just doing my best to dig through all of the things on the internet to bring you some of the gems.  I welcome any input at all, please feel free to leave comments about what you would like to see me post about.  There is also a way to subscribe hidden on the right side of the page if you want to keep up to date with what I'm posting, you have to hover over the little tab on the right and one option will be to subscribe.  Also I have just set up an email for you to send me your opinions, and please feel free to tell me what you would like to see more of, what you would like to see less of, and what is missing entirely.

I do plan to put some time into the design and add pictures to make the site more visually stimulating, but for the time being I am dedicating a lot of time to picking through as many websites as I can to bring you the ones I find interesting, and attempting to compile a good bit of content.

Email me your thoughts at NothingisFalse@yahoo.com



promote my blog

Thanks again,
Clove

No comments:

Post a Comment